Sunday, October 01, 2006

On Schumann's Carnaval

Last night I gave my first multimedia performance, using original art superimposed on a screen while Schumann's Carnaval unraveled. This was a huge project, which consumed my last few months. Schumann was a very interesting character, and as is often the case, the line between genius and madness is a fine one. I will append with more information about this project, as more becomes available. A DVD is under way, and I welcome suggestions from those who attended.

2 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Eugene!

We're groupies from back when you were at Tactus. We loved the show on Saturday. Please write more about how you pulled this off. How about the paintings for sale? How do we go about finding out?

Al and Greta

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger eugene said...

Hi Al,

The paintings and media files created by Linda Ganus were a true inspiration. We developed the concept through the summer and early fall of 06. I had to do most of the video rendering and editing because I knew best what I could be flexible about in performance (i.e. tempos) so that the placement of the clips worked in any event. There were possibilities for complete meltdown due to computer crashes, etc, but I am glad the performance went without a hitch -- it was actually very enjoyable to play -- quite an inspiration too look at the art on the screen. Linda Ganus can be found on the internet at www.lindaganus.com

As of today I think there were a couple of paintings left.

Cheers,
Eugene

 

Post a Comment

<< Home